Thursday, June 4, 2009

Belorado to San Juan de Ortega

This Chapel dedicated to San Nicolás de Barri
Written on May 31, 2009....15.9 miles.
Today we left Belorado at 5:45 a.m. with headlamps on our hats. We walked through 3 villages in the first 1 1-2 hours. We finally arrived at a bar that was open to get our morning cafe. Vern gets espresso shots con leche and I get descafenado con leche (decaf with milk). When I went to the servicios (bathroom), I was in there for about 3 minutes when the light went out. I had taken my headlamp off by now. After about a minute I got an idea....raise my hand in the air...it worked, the light came on, then went off. So I sat on the toliet raising and waving my hand in the air every couple of minutes. Productive and exercise.
Today we climbed three hills, one kept going and going. As people walked by me and greeted me it became harder and harder to see them. It was difficult to see them because sweat drops were gathering in my sunglasses.
Ever since St. Jean Pied de Port we have heard about Tim from Texas. Today in front of the hostel in San Juan de Ortega we met a couple from Canada. They proceeded to introduce their American friends...one of them was Tim from Texas. Vern immediately took a picture.
A note about Bob and Kathy: Yesterday I checked email. On May 29th Kathy had emailed me that they were in Leon. They had spent 2 days in Burgos and are having a great time on the Camino.
In June they will be Grandparents. They´ve had to make time adjustments and have gladly done so.
We will stay in touch via email.
Buen Bambino!!

No comments:

Post a Comment