Thursday, June 4, 2009

Redecilla to Belorado

A fun way to cross the river on the way to Belorado
Written on May 30, 2009....8 miles.
Last night we slept in a municipal albergue....14 people in a room. I slept good with my earplugs and sleeping mask.
We left Redecilla around 6 a.m. It´s been hot during the day so we wanted to get an early start. We want to have a good sleep tonight and a bathtub before heading into a more mountainous area.
Again today we saw our friend with the pink towel on his head...always laughing and smiling. We saw Ingrid and her husband on the Camino...we had dinner with them last night.
We´re now walking for about an hour at a time with a 10 minute break, more or less. It was easy to stay on track today, clearly marked......and....we were paying attention.
We´re constantly on the lookout for yellow arrows. The arrows may be painted on walls, sidewalks, streets, trees, rocks, billboards, fences, or just about anywhere. Another indicator of the Camino is a clam shell. Clam shells are usually embedded in the sidewalk when first entering a village.
Today I took the best bath I have ever had. The bathtub has a shower attachment within reach while laying in the bathtub. I was so tired that when I was ready to wash my hair I just turned on the shower and stayed right where I was. The height of luxury...a million dollar bath.
We just checked outside to see where the yellow arrow is when we leave in the morning.....it´s about 50 feet away.

No comments:

Post a Comment