Sunday, May 24, 2009

Another Night in Pamplona

Written on May 21, 2009...day of rest.

We´re at Pension Escaray..a beautiful old building centrally located in a very old part of town. Lots of shops...bakeries, bars, delis, and boutiques alot like Union Street in San Francisco. We find that the bars are where we find the best food and snacks. Pinchos are like giant sushi. There´s quite the competition here on who serves the best pinchos.

Today, not far from where we´re staying in a large plaza was a protest. One in the afternoon and one in the evening. A total of 9,000 people attended throughout the day. The focus was the economic struggle and job losses in Spain, (in at least their region as far as I know). It was a good time to grab some food and head to our room.

The shops open around 9 a.m., except for the bakeries that open at 7 a.m. The shops close at 2 p.m. for siesta and usually open back up at 4p.m. to 5 p.m.

We´re looking forward to getting back on the Camino.

My truth is that no matter what I prepared for or how far I walked or how much I carried there isn´t any indication of what the actual affect of hours and hours of walking will be. I believe that fully packed with 7.7 lbs of water and my necessites that my bag is around 23 lbs. I have some minor irritations, but nothing that sleep and lots of water doesn´t take care of....and a constant mantra of: I feel good, I feel good, I feel good, I feel good....you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment