Saturday, May 16, 2009

Have Arrived in St Jean Pied de Port

L Esprit du Chemin

Vern and I arrived here yesterday. Bob and Kathy have just arrived here today. Yesterday Vern and I went across the street to the Pilgrims office to receive our Pilgrims passport: Today we went back to receive our shell to put on our backpacks. The shell is very much a symbol of the Pilgrim, representing the journey. As we ate dinner last night a fellow pilgrim, Susan, and I shared a moment of profound gratitude. Grateful for the wonderful hostel, the homade soup and the knowing that after the research plans and preparation we are here. Here in SJPDP the gateway to the way of St. Francis. Tomorrow we begin our Camino adventure.

I want to add a note that the months leading up to this moment contained personal markers that I had chosen a path that was being validated by a Power greater than myself. One such marker was: during one of my hikes in Gasquet with a friend there were 3 clamshells on a rock at the beginning of one of the swithbacks. Another marker was when we went to our tax preparer and started to mention the Camino....he moved a large clamshell from one end of his desk to another. I said Wow you have a clamshell....by the look in his eyes I could tell that he did not know what the connection was. time and time again there would be subtle signs and profound signs....I recognized them all.

Please know that there are several differences to this keyboard in France.....Im doing my best. Also anyone with a blackbery, please forgive me for the wierd times you might receive a message....there is an 8 hour difference.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy & Co

    Best Wishes for a safe & happy journey! I am looking forward to hearing about your discoveries & enlightenments along your way. You are a profound encouragement to us all! (yogi)Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for all of you. I am looking forward to hearing about your trip as you go. I know you are going to enjoy it enough for all of us.
    Love, Connie
    P.S. Do not drop your water bottle!!!

    ReplyDelete